What You Need To Know About Mold In Your Home


Mold is unfortunately more common than you might think. In fact, there is probably somewhere in your home that has a mold right now. Although, it may be small traces, there is probably mold present. This is why it is important that you know how to detect mold so that you can get it treated before it becomes a major problem. Here are some things you need to know about mold.

Mold Will Grow In Warm and Dark Places

Mold thrives in places that are dark, warm, and wet. Mold is a fungus, so it feeds off of the moisture. This means that any place that is dry and cold will not have mold. In addition, the sunlight may also help to fight the mold. This is why you usually get mold in hard to find places. It would be simple to detect if the mold grew out in the open; however, that is generally not the case. In fact, if you have mold out in the open, you can assume you have massive problems within your walls.

If you suspect you have mold in your home you should check under the sinks, in the bathrooms, in the basement, or even between the walls. If you have had a recent flood or live in a humid climate, you are more likely to have mold.

The Signs Of Mold May Not Be Obvious

One of the biggest problems with detecting mold is that the signs are pretty subtle. For example, people in the house may begin to develop an allergy to the house. They might have itchy eyes, a swollen tongue and troubled breathing. People who didn't previously have asthma may begin to have episodes that look like a panic attack.

In addition, mold has a distinct smell. You might notice a subtle mildew smell at first and then as the mold grows it will begin to smell more rancid. If you have a strange smell in your home that you can't find the source of, you should call a professional service to check for mold.

Have A Professional Remove The Mold

If the mold is there in small amounts, you may feel like you can clean it yourself. However, chances are if you have found small amounts of mold, there is probably bigger problems elsewhere. This is why you should have professionals come and test for the mold and do the cleaning. They have the proper chemicals to clean the mold safely. Seeing that some mold can be toxic, it is especially important that you don't attempt to clean up the mold on your own. 

To learn more, contact a company like Commonwealth Moisture And Mold Specialists Llc


17 August 2015

Learning About Cleaning Services For Offices

Hi everyone, my name is Sandy. Welcome to my site about cleaning services. After starting my own company, I decided to rent out an office downtown. The office space was relatively small but still incredibly difficult to keep clean. I was spending at least an hour a night wiping down everything, taking out the trash and putting items back where they belong. I elected to hire a cleaning service to take care of all those tasks and more. I will use this site to talk more about the cleaning services I received and their benefits. Thanks for your time.