Anywhere in the United States mold can become a problem in your home from interior moisture leaks or excessive moisture in the air. Some climates are more humid than others, which can increase the potential for mold growth in your home. But anytime there is moisture present on a surface for more than a couple days, the potential for mold growth increases dramatically. When you find a mold problem inside your home, here are some tips on what you need to know about cleaning up after and eliminating the problem.
Wear the Right Protection
When you are dealing with mold growth inside your home, one of the first and most important principles is to keep your health protected from dangerous mold spores. Mold is an allergen that can affect anyone's health, regardless if they have any other types of allergies. Mold, especially black mold does not discriminate and affects all people, and with a variety of symptoms ranging from irritating to dangerous. However, if you already have an allergy specific to mold, you are more at risk of becoming ill from mold spores present in the air of your home.
Protect yourself when you are cleaning up mold in your home by wearing rubber gloves, eye protection, and an N95 respirator or similar breathing protection. Wear long sleeves and pants to protect your skin against any contact with mold spores.
Prepare and Clean the Area
Before you start wiping up any mold growth in your home, be sure you apply moisture onto the mold to prevent more spores from becoming airborne. Mold spores have the potential to naturally float into the air, so spray the molded area with a mixture of water and vinegar, or water and bleach. You can also use a similar bleach cleaner to spray the area. This saturates the mold spores and makes them easier to wipe up. Then, allow the area to air-dry from the mold cleaning solution.
It is also a good idea to get good ventilation inside your home to eliminate any airborne spores and reduce the occurrence of mold spores spreading into other areas of your home. Open up windows and turn on box fans inside your windows to pull in fresh air and push out the old air. You can similarly turn on your home's HVAC with a built-in dehumidifier to reduce the humidity in your home.
Know When to Hire Professionals
Often you may encounter a mold problem that is more severe than anything you can clean up on your own. When carpeting, drywall, wall insulation, and flooring boards contain mold growth, it is best to hire a professional service that specializes in home mold removal in your local area. They will clean up and remove the mold and also dispose of the molded materials.Share
2 July 2020
Hi everyone, my name is Sandy. Welcome to my site about cleaning services. After starting my own company, I decided to rent out an office downtown. The office space was relatively small but still incredibly difficult to keep clean. I was spending at least an hour a night wiping down everything, taking out the trash and putting items back where they belong. I elected to hire a cleaning service to take care of all those tasks and more. I will use this site to talk more about the cleaning services I received and their benefits. Thanks for your time.